To apply for the J1-Visa for the USA the DS-2019 form is required which can be issued only by a few authorised organizations in the US, the so called visa sponsors. InterSwop offers the service to issue this DS-2019 form and the support to apply for the visa by assigning the right visa sponsor.
Circle of persons:
The visa support service points to persons who already organised themselves an internship place, apprenticeship place, training place etc in the US and now like to apply for the J1-Visa. A written acceptance confirmation from the host company, training or study post is required with information about the company, content and duration of the training. Your nationality does not matter! Our service is open to any nationalities all around the world!
Professional, study and apprenticeship fields, which can apply for a DS-2019 form:
- Information Media and Communications
- Management, Business, Commerce, Finance
- Hospitality and Hotel Management
- The Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, and Industrial Occupations
- Architecture and Civil Engineering
- Public Administration and Law
- Arts & Culture
- Education, social sciences, library science, counseling and social services
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing, Animal Health etc.
- Students currently enrolled in a certificate granting post secondary education program (e.g. university / polytechnic etc) for at least one semester (Interns)
- Graduates from a certificate granting post secondary education institution beginning their internship within 12 month after graduation (Interns)
- Graduates from a certificate granting post secondary education institution with at least one year of professional experience outside the USA (Trainees)
- Persons who like to do an thesis or PhD within a company during their internship/training
- Persons who already done an internship in the US and entered with a J1 visa previously (under certain circumstances)
The following fields cannot apply for a DS-2019 form through Interswop:
- Aupairs, domestic work, babysitting or housekeeping etc.
- Medical interns or anything involving hands-on therapy, counseling, administrating medical treatment or making diagnoses of medical, psychiatric or psychologic patients
- Crew members on ships or airplanes, pilots
- High school leaver for pre-study internships which are not yet enrolled in an university and studying since at least one semester
- Downloading the DS-2019 information: free of charge
- Processing fee of the DS-2019 application: Euro 60,-
- Issuing the DS-2019 form:
- US$ 700 for internships/trainings from 1 to 3 month of duration
- US$ 750 for internships/trainings from 4 to 6 month of duration
- US$ 950 for internships/trainings from 7 to 12 month of duration
- US$ 1.150 for internships/trainings over 12 months of duration
How to proceed?
Just 3 easy steps to get your DS-2019 form: Read, Pay Processing Fee and Apply Online!
Download, read and understand the DS-2019 information
If you are eligible and like to apply for the DS-2019 form, please pay the processing fee of Euro 60,- (or US$ 70).
*Before making any payments please see the important note "Inappropriate applications" further down.
Note: without receiving the processing fee we cannot edit your DS-2019 form application!
Methods to effect the payment of the DS-2019 form processing fee.
We prefer the payment of the processing fee of Euro 60,- by PayPal.
Beneficiary: Interswop GmbH
Bank: Deutsche Bank Hamburg
IBAN: DE78 200 700 240 360 857 700
Purpose of use: DS2019 Form Application + "Your Name"
After your payment please send us an email to email@example.com informing us about your money transfer and if you can add a scan of the money transfer proof.
Alternatively take a picture with your smartphone and send it by Whatsapp to +49-170-4108028.
Marion Martha Priess
Bogenstrasse 54 a
D-20144 Hamburg, Germany
After your payment please send us by email the Western Union Transaction Code, the name of the sender, the city from which you made the payment and the exact amount and currency sent.
Or scan the Western Union form and send us the payment proof to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively take a picture with your smartphone and sent it by Whatsapp to +49-170-4108028
Bogenstrasse 54 a
Please add your personal data like name, address, phone and email.
Don´t forget a return to sender address on the envelope in the case the postal mail cannot be delivered.
A certified mail is safer! Please be aware that we don´t take responsibility if the postal mail / money will not arrive safely, get lost or stolen.
After sending cash please inform us by email to email@example.com that your postal mail is on the way to us.
Apply online / Fill in the Online ApplicationApply Online Now
Processing your application and issuing the DS-2019 form.
As soon as InterSwop receives your DS-2019 form application and the processing fee of Euro 60,- (or US$ 70 or equivalent in other currency) we will assign a suitable US visa sponsor and your DS-2019 application will be forwarded to this visa sponsor.
We will inform you about the assigned visa sponsor and you will receive by email within the following 48-72 hours information about the next steps to issue the DS-2019 form, also how and when you have to pay the USD 700/750/950/1150 issuing fee.
The DS-2019 form will be issued in the USA. This lasts about 30-45 days depending on the postal mail duration and how soon you or your host company in the US could provide all necessary documents.
Generally you need to provide a CV in English, one reference letter in English, information about the insurance during your stay in the US. And your host company needs to provide a training plan (DS-7002).
You and your host company will receive detail information about these items by email.
You (the applicant) will receive the DS-2019 form via UPS, FedEx or other postal service.
Once you received your DS-2019 form you can apply for the J1 visa at the nearest US consulate/embassy. You have to go personally to the US Embassy after getting an appointment beforehand.
The next available appointment could be in several weeks ahead, depending on the season and the US embassy/consulate. You should apply for a personal appointment at the US consulate/embassy by time!
The visa issue will last about approx. another 2 weeks.
You should initiate the whole DS-2019 and J1-visa procedure by time. The best would be with a lead time of about 3 month before planned arrival at the USA. Unfortunately many applicants are applying very late and also booked a flight to the US without having ensured to obtain the J1-visa by time.
*Important note "Inappropriate applications"
Inappropriate applications with forwarded processing fee payments.
In case of unrequested processing fee payments (e.g. via PayPal) and inappropriate DS-2019 form applications (e.g. DS-2019 form for high school, au-pair, camp counselor, summer camps, not eligible professional areas, non-fulfillment of basic requirements, notice that DS-2019 form cannot issued temporarily or applications cannot processed) we will refund only 50% of the processing fee.
Inappropriate applications and payments cause of lot of work and costs. Please avoid inappropriate applications.
If you have any doubts about your eligibility please contact us before making any payments.